It’s holiday time and we’re all busy getting ready and spending time with family. So, I’m here to make your life a little easier with this easy to make French Toast Bake!!!
This recipe can even be made the night before and then thrown in the oven in the morning!! You can also customize to your own preferences as you wish. It is the perfect compliment to any Christmas morning or really any morning because it’s so yummy and so simple!
I hope your holidays are fabulous and you enjoy all the great times with family and all the yummy eating opportunities!
French Toast Bake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
For base bake:
- Bread Loaf chopped
- I used a fresh french loaf
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- can substitute 1/2 cup the milk for 1/2 cup of eggnog
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 TB oatmeal
- Cut up loaf and place in pan
- Combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla
- whisk together
- Pour on top of bread
- at this point you could cover and place in fridge until next morning
- Combine drizzle ingredients together
- Dollop on top
- Bake in 350F preheated oven for 45 minutes.
Top with berries, powdered sugar and serve with syrup (and maybe a couple of breakfast sausages).
Enjoy a yummy French Toast breakfast!!